Friday, January 24, 2014

Navy & White, Navy & White






blouse (Aunt's vintage blouse from 70's), blazer (aqua, Bloomingdales sold out, see similar HERE and under $100 option HERE), pants (GAP sold out, love THESE and obsessed with THESE), necklace (Sole Society c/o dig THIS BIB), heels (Kate Spade on SALE), bracelets (Sylvia Benson c/o), bag (Michael Kors), watch (Cartier), rings (David Yurman, Anna Beck), shades (Gucci)

Morning, Gang!  Last night started out as your typical school night with two tykes---homework, dinner, bathtime, mini dance party, the usual routine--but then, you get that call from your best gal, Ashley, who offers to pay you a visit with cocktails in tow (because no Southern gal shows up empty handed).  Then Ashley multiplies into one of my other faves, McKayla, and well--let's just say, this post could have been much more interesting had I chosen to configure it at 1 am when I finally called it a night.  Total gab sesh, listening to jams, "admiring" the fact that my Xmas tree is still up (gasp!  yepper--you know my dirty little secret--cut me some slack would ya, I've been traveling out the wazoo--but honestly, my girlfriends intervened last Jan 31 and took it down for me because quite frankly, a Valentine's tree just isn't cool).  It is hands down, aside from laundry, my most hated thing to do--who's with me?  
Enough of that nonsense--happy to be bringing you a fun little work look showcasing yet another one of my "Aunt Me Downs".  This blouse is Morey's from back in the day and I thought the delicacy of it would be a perfect counterpart to these graphic Gap Pants (love THESE TOO).  You truly, truly cannot go wrong with navy--I swear it complements any and everyone and also pairs so beautifully with so many colors--a fave hue indeed!  Alright gang--gotta get my workday in full swing---y'all make it a great weekend and stay warm--5 degrees in the Bluegrass (shoot me)!

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem



 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL